Search This Blog

Friday, July 23, 2010

"Healer"

Just received some of the saddest news one could ever receive. See below e-mail[I've removed their names for privacy]:
"Hello all.

Many of you know D and S from church. They lost their 1.5 year old daughter, "baby A", yesterday to cancer. They have been at Children's for the past month and have now returned home. I can only imagine the grieving they have done over the past month and now this week.
They are members of Mosaic and are very receptive and appreciative of any meals we can offer. (They were eating fast food for the past month as D continued working, S stayed at the hospital, and they both continued to care for their ten year old child.)...etc."

my thoughts:
How horrifying for them.... It's a nightmare turned reality for a parent. How awful for everyone who knows them. How sinister an offense of this damnedable, cursed, broken world! How dare this baby be snatched from the arms of her loving mommy & hard-working, long-suffering daddy!

O Jesus, come quickly & redeam Your world, please.

I think of the struggle I've had with the Hillsong song we've sung in church, "I believe You're my Healer"....

I have had thoughts like, "Where is our Healer when there is such pain & loss... and suffering after the loss? Is He Really our Healer?? And then I think of the graciousness of God to have gone through all of that pain and suffering before us. To have lost His only child to a world of pain. I've since realized that the words of the song remain true, despite my painful experiences.

Precious baby A now knows this better than I'll ever figure out in my lifetime. I praise God that He has overcome, and He truly is the Ultimate Healer, whether He does so in this life or after. Today, baby A sings songs to her Healer - beautiful, lively songs that would blow our wildest imaginations!

In the mean time, we are left here without her. We pray for grace, for comfort, for hope... until the day when we are all together with Jesus & with baby A.

"Even so, Come Quickly, Lord Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment